Thursday, November 16, 2017

The Gal's 2017 Halloween Frivolities Day 26: Johnesee's Character Has Spoken


The Gal in the Blue Mask:
Hi, Griffin.  Welcome to The Gal.  Some of my readers have yet to read your story.  What should they know about you?

Griffin Martin:
Some of you might know me from my buddy Bob's stories.  He's a zombie.  I help him and other supers who need it.  To those new to me, I own a place, Martin's Bar on Trammel, that caters to supers like Bob.  They come to me for help and a safe place to figure things out.
            Well, they should probably know I don't exactly have a story per se.  I am in several different books as a supporting character and hopefully will one day get my own tome.  Oh, I should also mention that I'm actually a green man.  It's not just what they call me because of my hair.  Folks like me can control and interact with the world around us.  My personal talent lies in expathy and empathy.

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
What do you believe in?

Griffin Martin:
I mostly believe in people.  For every asshole out there I can name three great people.  It gets more difficult, but that's when it's most important.

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
What haunts you?

Griffin Martin:
Not being able to help everyone I want to help.

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
Do you have any phobias?

Griffin Martin:
To quote War Games directly, Global thermonuclear warfare.

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
What's the worst thing that has ever happened to you?

Griffin Martin:
My niece was kidnapped.  I have some good friends that took care of it for me.  Always nice to have friends in high places.

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
Are you lying to yourself about anything?

Griffin Martin:
Yes, I like to believe that I'm helping people when really I have no clue what impact I'm having on the world around me in the long term.  Mostly I help emotionally numb people to keep them from exploding on others.  Hopefully just doing more good than harm, it's all I can hope to do.

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
What was your childhood like?

Griffin Martin:
Pretty normal, I guess.  I mean, I had it a lot easier than others.  Though it ain't easy being green.

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
Were your actions the result of freedom of choice or of destiny?

Griffin Martin:
A little bit of both, or so I like to think.

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
If you could go back in time and change anything, would you?

Griffin Martin:
Yes, I would make sure I surround myself with good people who want to see me grow and succeed.  Doesn't matter who you are it's always a good trip.

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
What does your name mean to you?

Griffin Martin:
I was named after a great uncle who stole a local mayor's wife and ran away to London, so it mostly means shame.  That said, the mythical beast of legend is what I like to believe I'm named after.

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
What scars, birthmarks, tattoos, or other identifying marks do you have?  What stories lie behind them?

Griffin Martin:
Well, I'm green.  My hair, skin, fingernails... the whole nine.

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
What was unique about the setting of your books and how did it enhance or take away from your story?

Griffin Martin:
I run the local supermarket watering hole.  Not sure how unique the local bar is, but all kinds of people feel comfortable coming to me and my staff when they need us.  We have been in all kinds of weird situations and do our best to help.

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
How do you see yourself?

Griffin Martin:
With a mirror.

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
How does your enemy see you?

Griffin Martin:
I should probably say something slack here like, "they don't."  But the truth is, I don't know and I don't care.

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
How does the author see you?

Griffin Martin:
Hopefully as a badass hero worthy of his own book. *clears throat and stares at JJ*

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
Why do you think the author chose to write about your story?  Do you think they did a good job?

Griffin Martin:
I think JJ realized I was at the heart of most of her universe and was definitely surprised at the differing crowds I ran with.  Yeah, for the most part she got me okay.

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
What do you think about the ending?

Griffin Martin:
What ending?  Oh, Goodness, what have you heard? *panicked breathing*

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
Do you think the author portrayed you accurately?  Would you change anything about the story told? Did they miss anything?

Griffin Martin:
I don't think I'm as cool as she portrayed me.  I also have to say I am not anywhere near as pushy as literary me can get.

The Gal in the Blue Mask:
Have you read any of your authors' other works?  Any good?

Griffin Martin:
I've read and liked them, but they're mostly stories about people I know, so... *shrugs*
            Hey, thanks for having me by.  I really appreciate the time and attention. *narrows eyes at JJ* Just sayin.




About the author:
Jaime Johnesee lives in Michigan with her husband and two sons.  She spent fourteen years as a zookeeper before shifting her focus to writing full time.  Known best for her horror comedy series, Bob the Zombie, she is also currently authoring the paranormal-horror series Samantha Reece Mysteries for Devil Dog Press.


About the book:
Bob is an ordinary guy.  He likes classic rock, a good party, and tacos.  It's too bad that he is dead.  Well, technically speaking, Bob is undead.  After an accident claimed his life, his mother couldn't bear to bury him.  A quick call to a necromancer fixed that problem and, viola... he was reborn!
            Armed with a quick wit, a sharp intellect, some good friends, and his trusty stapler, Bob embarks on some crazy adventures that will make you laugh, make you cringe, and - most importantly - make you cheer for Bob to have a happy ending.

Get the three previously released Bob novellas, a new never-before-seen novella, and a BONUS short story!
            Featuring: Bob the Zombie, Bob the Spy, Bob the Valentine, Bob the Mentor, and Bob the Hero.

1 comment:

AJ Wilcox said...

Absolutely loved this. I'm sure Griffin (Griff to his close friends) was difficult to interview, but as an Empath, I'm sure he made you feel calm and relaxed during the interview.